SmartPoints® value per serving
This yummy tea time favourite will really hit the spot with kids and adults alike.
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
Egg white(s), raw
Plain White Flour
110 g, plain, sifted
Low Calorie Jam
9 teaspoons, heaped
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200C/fan oven 190C. Line a 30cmx23cm/12x9in swiss roll tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Place the egg, 1 egg white and sugar in a bowl and whisk until the mixture is pale and creamy and leaves a trail when the whisk is lifted out.
- In a separate bowl whisk the two remaining egg whites until they hold soft peaks.
- Add the egg whites to the egg and sugar mixture, sift the flour over and very carefully fold in until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, level the surface and bake for 10-12 mins until golden.
- Turn out onto a piece of non-stick baking parchment on top of a dampened tea towel on a wire rack. Immediately remove the parchment on the cake, trim the edges and roll up so that the fresh parchment is inside the roll. Leave to cool.
- Unroll the cake and spread with the jam. Reroll, cut into 8 and serve. Best eaten the same day or store in an airtight container for 1-2 days.