Sweet & sour pork
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Pork Tenderloin, raw
700 g, lean, cut into thin strips
Pineapple in juice, drained
425 g, chunks, unsweetened
Rice Wine Vinegar
Light Brown Sugar
2 tablespoon(s), level
2 medium, sliced
1 small, sliced
Brown rice, boiled
600 g, kept warm
- Heat a nonstick frying pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from pan and set aside. Drain any remaining fat from frying pan.
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; set aside.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, cornflour, salt, soy sauce, reserved pineapple juice and 120ml water in a small bowl; add to frying pan and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add pork; cook covered over low heat until meat is tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Add the peppers, onion and pineapple chunks; cook 5 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.