Summer vegetable fritatta
4 tablespoons, 300ml Two Chicks free-range liquid egg white
3 tablespoons, chopped, or use chives, thyme or dill
1 medium, sliced
150 g, cut into short lengths
1 medium, trimmed and finely chopped
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
25 g, grated
1 pinch, and black pepper, freshly ground
- Lightly beat the Two Chicks egg white, milk and herbs together. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Steam the courgette, asparagus and spring onions for 3-4 minutes, until just tender, or simmer in a small amount of boiling water for the same amount of time. Drain thoroughly.
- Preheat the grill to medium-hot.
- Heat a small, deep non-stick frying pan on the hob and spray with low fat cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil. Add the cooked vegetables, the cherry tomatoes and the whisked egg white mixture. Cook over a low heat until the base has set – about 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle the surface of the fritatta with the grated cheese. Transfer to the grill to set and brown the surface – about 4-5 minutes. Serve warm or cold.