Summer veg hash
New potatoes, raw
350 g, scrubbed and cut into chunks
1 medium, trimmed and diced
1 small, finely diced
Corn on the cob, raw
1 medium, kernels sliced off
200 g, halved
2 medium, finely sliced
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
10 g, roughly chopped, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the potatoes and lightly season. Leave without stirring for a few minutes until the underside starts to go golden, then stir. Continue to cook this way for about 10 minutes, until lightly golden all over.
- Add the courgette, red onion and corn, season and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes until softened and just starting to colour.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and spring onions and cook for a further 2 minutes or until just softened. Season hash to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a large, wide pan of water to a simmer. Carefully crack the eggs into the pan and poach for 3 minutes, or until the whites are just set and the yolks still soft. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with a kitchen towel.
- Divide the hash between 4 plates, top each with a poached egg and a sprinkle of parsley, and serve.