SmartPoints® value per serving
8 hr 25 min
A classic British pud that celebrates the beauty of British summer fruits – choose nice ripe berries so you capture all that natural sweetness
White bread, sliced
9 slice(s), thick, thick sliced, crusts trimmed
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- Line a 2-litre pudding basin with a double layer of clingfilm, making sure there is a good amount of overhang.
- Put the raspberries, blackberries and cherries in a large pan with 3 tbsp water and the sugar, then bring to a simmer over a low heat. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the strawberries and cook for a further 2 minutes, until the fruit is slightly softened and has released some juice. Strain over a large bowl.
- Dunk 1 slice of bread in the strained fruit juices, then press it into the base of the prepared pudding basin. Set aside 1 slice of bread for the top, and cut the remaining bread into thin strips. One by one, briefly dunk each slice in the juices. Place the slices of bread around the inside of the basin, pushing them together tightly so you have a basin lined entirely with bread, with none of the inside of the basin showing.
- Spoon the fruit into the bread-lined basin, pouring any spare juice over the bread as you go. Cut the final piece of bread to fit the top, tucking it in.
- Bring the clingfilm up and over the top of the pudding. Place a plate and heavy weight on top of the pudding and transfer to the fridge to chill overnight.
- Remove the weight, plate and clingfilm, then slide a palette knife between the bread and the basin to dislodge the pudding. Turn out onto a plate, discard the clingfilm and serve with the yogurt.