Summer chicken bake
250 g, small, new, scrubbed
250 g, baby, scrubbed
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 sprig(s), chopped (plus an extra sprig to decorate)
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
300 g, boneless (2 breasts)
Quark, fat free, plain
1 clove(s), small, crushed
1 teaspoons, rind, finely grated, (1/2 lemon)
100 g, trimmed
⅛ teaspoons, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C.
- Put the potatoes and carrots into a roasting dish and spray with low fat cooking spray, turning to coat them. Add the rosemary sprigs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the thickest part of each chicken breast. Mix together the quark, garlic, lemon rind and chopped rosemary. Pack this mixture into the pockets in the chicken breasts. Close them up and secure with cocktail sticks.
- Remove the roasting dish from the oven and position the chicken breasts on top. Spray with low fat cooking spray. Return to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the roasting dish from the oven and arrange the asparagus spears in the roasting pan. Return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. To check, insert a sharp knife into the thickest part of the chicken – the juices should run clear. Serve the chicken with the roasted vegetables.