Sumac grilled prawns with corn, tomato & quinoa salad
100 g, rinsed and drained
1 teaspoons, level
1 tablespoons, flaked
300 g, peeled and deveined with tails intact
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Corn on the cob, raw
2 medium, quartered
1 small, cut into thin wedges
200 g, baby plum, halved
80 g, baby
2 medium, halved, to serve
Lemon Juice, Fresh
2 tablespoons, plus lemon halves to serve
- Cook the quinoa with 1 tsp sumac according to pack instructions. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, pulse the remaining sumac and almonds in a food processor until finely chopped. Alternatively, you can finely chop the almonds with a sharp knife then stir in the sumac. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat.
- Lightly mist a griddle pan with cooking spray and place over a high heat. Mist the corn, pepper, onion and tomatoes and add to the pan, cooking and turning halfway through for 6-8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the prawns to the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to another plate and cover.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the corn cob and thickly slice the peppers. Place both in a serving bowl and add the onion, tomatoes, spinach, coriander, mint, lemon juice and quinoa. Combine well. Put the prawns on top and serve with the lemon halves.