Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 large, such as portobello
Vegetable stock cube
Lemon Juice, Fresh
1 zest(s) of 1
Sweet piquante peppers
Apetina Original (50% Less Fat) White Cheese
1 teaspoon(s), (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Spray the roasting tin with the cooking spray. Remove and reserve the stalks from the mushrooms and put the caps in the roasting tin, brown gills facing upwards. Spray with the cooking spray and roast in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, measure 250ml boiling water from the kettle and pour into the heatproof bowl. Add the stock powder or crumble in the stock cube. Finely grate the zest from the lemon directly into the bowl and stir well. Add the couscous and stir again; cover and set aside for 5 minutes, until the liquid has absorbed.
- While the couscous is soaking, finely chop the spring onions and mushroom stalks. Heat the nonstick frying pan, spray with the cooking spray and cook the spring onions and mushroom stalks gently for 3 minutes.
- Tip the spring onion mixture into the soaked couscous and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Tear the roasted red peppers into pieces and add them to the bowl. Chop the tomato and add it to the bowl. Crumble in the feta cheese and add the thyme leaves, if using.
- Take the mushrooms out of the oven and spoon in the couscous filling. Garnish with a few thyme sprigs, if using, and season with black pepper. Cover with a piece of foil and roast for a further 12 minutes.