Sticky bourbon pork
Pork Tenderloin, raw
1 small, cut into thick wedges
5 sprig(s), fresh, chopped, to garnish
2 teaspoon(s), smoked
1 zest(s) of 1
2 clove(s), crushed
200 g, 100g red cabbage and 100g white cabbage, finely shredded
2 medium, grated
1 small, finely sliced
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
Vinegar, All Types
1 tablespoon(s), cider
- Make the marinade: combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste and add the pork. Stir to coat, cover, then marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. If using bamboo skewers, put them in a bowl of water to soak for at least 10 minutes
- Bring the pork to room temperature, then thread onto 8 skewers, alternating with the onion wedges. Reserve the marinade.
- Season the skewers to taste and cook on a hot barbecue or griddle pan for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with the reserved marinade. Remove from the heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the buttermilk slaw. Put all the vegetables in a serving bowl. Mix the buttermilk, mayonnaise and cider vinegar together in a small jug and stir through the vegetables.
- Serve the skewers on the slaw, garnished with chopped parsley.