Spicy prawn parcels
King Prawns, Raw
White basmati rice, dry
Sweetcorn, canned, drained
Vinegar, All Types
1 tablespoons, cider
12 leaf/leaves, small
1 medium, wedges
Chilli, Green or Red
Lime Juice, Fresh
- To make the marinade, blitz 4 of the red chillies, crushed garlic, lime juice and peanut oil in a mini food processor until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade into a large bowl and add prawns. Toss to coat, then cover with cling film and chill for 10-20 minutes, but no longer, as the lime juice will begin to react with the prawns, changing their texture.
- Meanwhile, cook rice to pack instructions until tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool, fluffing occasionally with a fork to separate the grains.
- Add the green onion, celery and sweetcorn to the rice. Season, drizzle over the vinegar and toss to combine.
- Preheat a large frying pan, or griddle over medium-high heat. Lift the prawns from the marinade and cook, in batches if necessary, for 3-4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Spoon the rice mixture among lettuce leaves. Top each parcel with three cooked prawns and a few slices of chilli, if using.