Spicy Mexican beans & avocado on toast
Calorie controlled cooking spray
½ small, finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
½ tablespoons, level, smoked
1½ teaspoons, level
1 teaspoons, level, 1/2 tsp plus extra to serve
1 tablespoons, level
Kidney Beans, cooked
2 can(s), small, drained
1 can(s), large, chopped
1 zest(s) of 1
Lime Juice, Fresh
WW Soft Malted Danish Bread
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 medium, cut into wedges to serve
- Mist a medium lidded nonstick pan with calorie controlled cooking spray and cook ½ finely chopped red onion for 6-8 minutes over a medium heat until soft.
- Stir in 1 crushed garlic clove, ½ tablespoon smoked paprika, ½ tablespoon ground cumin and ½ teaspoon chilli powder, and cook for another minute.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon tomato purée. Add 2 x 400g tins drained and rinsed kidney beans, a 400g tin chopped tomatoes and 2 tablespoons water and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for another 10 minutes, until thickened. Season to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander with the grated zest and juice of 1 lime. Toast 4 slices WW Malted Danish Bread, then top with the beans and 150g thinly sliced avocado.
- Drizzle over the coriander dressing. Serve with extra chilli powder and fresh coriander leaves sprinkled over, with lime wedges on the side.