Spiced cod with Puy lentils
4 fillet(s), medium
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, red, deseeded and finely diced
3 medium, trimmed, finely sliced
10 g, peeled, grated
2 clove(s), crushed
Green or Brown Lentils, cooked
2 can(s), large, drained
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
100 g, to seve
1 tablespoons, chopped , to serve
- Put the lentils in a pan, pour over 600ml water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, mix together half the oil and the garam masala to form a paste, then season well. Put the cod in a bowl and spoon over the garam masala paste.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the cod for 2-3 minutes. Turn, and cook for another 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and cover loosely with kitchen foil to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan clean, then add the remaining oil. Fry the chilli, spring onions, ginger and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the cooked lentils and 75ml water, then bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and season to taste.
- Divide the lentils between plates and top with the fish. Spoon over the yogurt, sprinkle over the extra garam masala and serve garnished with the coriander.