Spiced chicken with pistachio & pomegranate couscous
2 teaspoon(s), peppercorns
1 teaspoon(s), level, lightly crushed
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
3 medium, halved horizontally
Wholewheat Couscous, dry
60 g, chopped
1 extra large, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
1 clove(s), crushed
Lemon Juice, Fresh
1 medium, cut into wedges
- Combine the sesame seeds, pepper and fennel seeds in a shallow bowl. Press each chicken piece into the seed mixture to coat, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and let rest for a few minutes before cutting into thick slices.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over 250ml boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff up the grains with a fork, then stir in the pomegranate seeds, pistachios, cucumber, spinach and parsley.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Divide the couscous mixture between bowls and top with the sliced chicken. Serve with the yogurt dressing and lemon wedges on the side.