Smoky sausage & bean stew
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Reduced fat pork sausages, grilled
2 medium, deseeded and sliced
80 g, diced
2 clove(s), finely chopped
1 teaspoon(s), level, smoked
2 can(s), large, chopped
Cannellini Beans, cooked
2 can(s), large, drained, drained and rinsed
600 g, (Maris Piper), quartered
Low Fat Spread
2 tablespoon(s), finely chopped, to garnish
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and put over a medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning regularly, until browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the peppers to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened, then add the chorizo and cook for a further 2 minutes until it starts to release its oil.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes and 200ml water. Stir to combine and season to taste.
- Return the sausages to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook for 2 minutes until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and mash with the skimmed milk and low-fat spread. Season to taste.
- Serve the stew garnished with the fresh parsley, with the mashed potatoes on the side.