Sesame tuna with Japanese style salad
Brown Rice, dry
1 portion(s), medium, halved
Rice Wine Vinegar
1 medium, juice and zest of
6 medium, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
1½ individual, roughly chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons, black
4 steak(s), medium
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
Blue Dragon Wasabi Paste
½ tablespoons, use any brand
- Cook the rice to pack instructions, then let cool. Meanwhile, blanch the beans for 2-3 minutes. Drain, run under cold water, then drain again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar, salt and lime zest and juice to make a dressing. Set aside.
- Add the cooked beans, spring onions, cucumber and chilli to the cooled rice. Toss with the dressing.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a plate and press both sides of each tuna steak against them to coat. Heat a griddle pan to high and spray with cooking spray. Sear the tuna for 2 minutes on each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium, and 4 minutes for well done.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the wasabi until combined, then serve with the rice salad and tuna.