Sesame prawns with sweet & sour noodles
Egg white(s), raw
Tiger Prawns, Raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Wholewheat Noodle Nests, dry
Stir fry mixed vegetables
½ tablespoons, level
Lemon Juice, Fresh
2 teaspoons, level
- Toast the sesame seeds in a wok or nonstick frying pan until golden, then tip on to a plate to cool. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg white until foamy. Season the cornflour in a separate bowl and mix with the toasted sesame seeds. Dip each prawn in the egg white and allow the excess to drip off, then roll in the sesame seed mixture to coat. Place on a baking tray and spray with the cooking spray. Preheat the grill.
- Make the sauce by blending the cornflour with the soy sauce, lemon juice and honey, then add 150 ml cold water and the ginger, and set aside. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and refresh in cold water.
- Pop the sesame prawns under the grill and cook for 5 minutes until the prawns are starting to curl and have changed from translucent grey to opaque pink.
- While the prawns are cooking, spray the wok or nonstick frying pan with the cooking spray. Stir-fry the vegetables and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the drained noodles, give the sauce a stir and then pour into the wok or pan. Cook for 1 minute, stirring to mix everything well and coat in the sauce, which will thicken as it cooks.
- Divide the vegetable noodles between 2 bowls and serve the sesame prawns on top.