Seared chicken with mint yogurt dressing
Wholewheat Couscous, dry
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), crumbled
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
660 g, cut into 1cm-wide strips
4 teaspoons, level
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Peas, fresh or frozen
Sugar Snap Peas
100 g, sliced diagonally
1 medium, deseeded and cut into thin strips
2 medium, sliced diagonally
½ teaspoons, level
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
Lime Juice, Fresh
- Put the couscous in a bowl, pour over enough boiling water to cover, stir in the stock cube and cover with a plate. Leave for about 5 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed and the grains are tender. Using a fork, fluff up the couscous and set aside.
- Meanwhile, using a hand-held blender, blend together all the dressing ingredients, except the cumin seeds. If you don’t have a hand-held blender, finely chop the mint and combine with the yogurt and juice of the lime. Transfer to a bowl, season and scatter the cumin seeds over.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the thyme and coriander. Season then turn until evenly coated. Heat a griddle pan or nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Spray the chicken with the cooking spray. Cook over a medium-high heat for 6 minutes, turning once, until cooked through and golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the peas, sugar snaps, pepper and spring onion, and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Divide the couscous between 4 large, shallow bowls then top with the peas, sugar snaps, pepper, spring onion and chicken. Serve with the dressing spooned over.