Salmon, leek & red pepper salad
Pink Salmon, tinned
418 g, can
2 medium, medium, trimmed and sliced
200 g, or sugar snap peas, halved
1 clove(s), sliced in half
½ individual, or 1 bag mixed salad leaves
300 g, cut into strips
1 medium, finely grated zest and juice
White Wine Vinegar
1 teaspoon(s), or cider vinegar
1 teaspoon(s), level
⅛ teaspoon(s), freshly ground
- Drain the salmon, reserving 1 tbsp of the liquid. Remove the skin and bones, if wished, then break the salmon with a fork into large chunks. Set aside.
- Cook the leeks and mange tout or sugar snap peas in lightly salted boiling water for about 4-5 minutes until just tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Rub the cut sides of the garlic clove around the insides of 4 serving bowls.
- Add the salad leaves to the cooked vegetables and toss together. Share between the bowls with the pepper strips and salmon chunks.
- For the dressing, whisk together the reserved salmon liquid with the lemon zest and juice, vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the salads.