Roast stuffed tomatoes with feta
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), make up to 180ml with hot water
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 medium, finely chopped
Sweet piquante peppers
1 g, use 75g from a jar, packed in brine, chopped
1 tablespoons, chopped
75 g, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C. Spray a baking dish or roasting pan with calorie controlled cooking spray.
- Put the couscous into a bowl and add the hot stock, stirring to mix. Leave for 5-10 minutes to swell, then use a fork to fluff up the grains.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes, then use a small sharp knife and a teaspoon to scoop the flesh and seeds from them onto a chopping board. Place the tomatoes into the baking dish or roasting pan. Chop the scooped-out tomato pulp finely, discarding the hard cores.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with calorie controlled cooking spray. Add the spring onions and cook gently for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chopped tomato pulp and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the roasted peppers and parsley.
- Tip the couscous into the vegetable mixture. Stir in the feta cheese, then season with black pepper. Fill the tomatoes with the mixture, popping the tops back on. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tender.