SmartPoints® value per serving
Using just the whites of the eggs keeps these little cakes lovely and light.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Low Fat Spread
1 teaspoons, level, for dusting
Plain White Flour
Egg white(s), raw
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, fan 180oC, gas mark 6. Mist a 12-hole friand or muffin tin with the cooking spray.
- Melt the low fat spread in a pan over a low heat, then set aside. Put the icing sugar, ground almonds and flour in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are foamy but not stiff. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and fold in the egg whites and melted spread, until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter between 10 of the muffin holes and top each friand with 3 raspberries. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden. A skewer should come out clean when inserted.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes, before popping each cake out and leaving to cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar and serve.