Quorn™ sausage layer bake
250 g, preferably Deisiree or Maris Piper
500 g, beef steak
100 g, thinly sliced
Quorn vegetarian sausage(s)
Dried Mixed Herbs
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
4 tablespoons, level
Medium White Wine
15 ml, (1 tbsp)
1 teaspoons, level
- Preheat oven to 180°c/gas 4.
- Slice the potatoes thinly either by hand or using a food processor, (no need to peel, but scrub well). Put into a pan and just cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Slice the Quorn sausages and the tomatoes.
- Spray the base and sides of a 1.5ltr ovenproof dish with fry light spray, cover the bottom with the potato slices, overlapping. Season spray with a little more cooking spray and scatter a pinch of dried herbs over.
- Place the slices of Quorn sausages on top of the potatoes and scatter over the sliced onions, spray and season.
- Finally top with overlapping slices of tomato, spray over a little fry light or use a drizzle of olive oil or sprinkle about 10g of finely grated parmesan cheese over.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is lightly browned.
- Serve with steamed green vegetables and an optional wholegrain mustard sauce drizzled over. To make the sauce; place all ingredients in a small pan, mix well, bring to the boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes before spooning a small quantity onto the top of each portion of the bake.