Quorn™ mediterranean pie
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
1 medium, diced
100 g, sliced
2 large, deseeded and diced
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), vegetable
60 ml, (4 tbsp) - optional
75 ml, (5tbsp)
2 teaspoons, level
1 tablespoons, level, fresh, finely chopped For the Topping
125 g, peeled
125 g, peeled
⅛ teaspoon(s), level
⅛ teaspoons, level
15 ml, (1tbsp)
- Cook the carrots and parsnips in pans of boiling water for 15-20minutes, until soft enough to mash.
- Drain well and roughly mash both vegetables separately, then gently fold together with the other topping ingredients, don’t over mix at this stage as it will result in just a one colour mix. Set aside until needed.
- Pre- heat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6
- Pre-heat a large pan and spray with fry light, fry onions and garlic on a medium heat for 5 minutes to soften. Add 5ml (1tsp) water to prevent sticking.
- Add the Quorn mince, courgette, mushrooms, tomatoes, stock cube, red wine and 60ml of the water. Mix well and increase water if red wine is omitted.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, add the basil, mix the remaining water with the cornflour and stir into the pan. Cook for a further minute or two until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish, top with the carrot and parsnip mixture.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25minutes. Serve with steamed green vegetables.