Quick beef Bolognese
4 leaf/leaves, to garnish (optional)
Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
2 tablespoons, level
1 can(s), large
Dried Mixed Herbs
200 portion(s), small
White pasta, dry
- Heat the heavy-based saucepan. Add the mince and let it sear over a high heat; stir after 30-40 seconds and cook for another 3-4 minutes until browned. This step is important to achieve a good flavour.
- Grate the onion, carrot and courgette in the food processor and add them to the meat.
- Tip in the tomatoes, add the tomato puree and bring the mixture to the boil. Add the dried herbs and stir in the mushrooms into the sauce. Lower the heat slightly and cook for 12-14 minutes.
- Five minutes before the Bolognese sauce is ready, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan with plenty of boiling after from the kettle. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain well, and share the spaghetti between 4 warmed plates.
- Check the seasoning before spooning the Bolognese sauce on top of the spaghetti. Serve at once, garnished with basil leaves, if using.