Prawn pad Thai omelette
Rice Noodles, dry
Calorie controlled cooking spray
King Prawns, Raw
75 g, peeled and deveined
1 clove(s), crushed
½ medium, cut into matchsticks
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, deseeded and finely chopped
Sweet Soy Sauce
½ tablespoons, level
10 leaf/leaves, thai basil leaves work really well in this
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
Thai Fish Sauce
- Prepare the rice noodles to pack instructions, then refresh under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-high heat. Cook the prawns and garlic, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the prawns are pink and almost cooked through.
- Add the carrot, half the chilli, the bean sprouts, spring onions, sweet soy sauce and prepared noodles to the frying pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the torn basil and half the peanuts.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and fish sauce in a jug until combined. Mist a small nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-high heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 30 seconds or until the base of the omelette is set. Using a spatula, draw the edges of the omelette into the centre to allow any uncooked egg to run underneath. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the egg is almost set.
- Arrange the prawn mixture over half the omelette and fold over to enclose the filling. Serve topped with the remaining chilli and peanuts, and the extra basil leaves.