King Prawns, Raw
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Brown basmati rice, dry
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Petits Pois, boiled
Vegetable stock cube(s)
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
- In a bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon of the curry powder with 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice. Pat the prawns dry with kitchen towel and add to the marinade, then turn until coated. Marinate, covered, in the fridge until ready to use, but not more than 1 hour.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the rice following the packet instructions, then drain and rinse under cold running water and leave to drain until ready to use. Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs then cool them briefly under cold running water. Peel and quarter the eggs, and set aside.
- Heat a large, non-stick, lidded frying pan over a medium heat and spray with the cooking spray. Cook the onion, covered, for 6 minutes, adding a splash of water if it becomes very dry. Add the garlic and cook, covered, for another 2 minutes. Add the petits pois and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring until softened.
- Stir in the remaining curry powder and lemon juice, the stock cube and cooked rice, and mix well until combined. Cover and heat through for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, while you cook the prawns.
- Heat a wok or non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray with the cooking spray and stir-fry the prawns for 2 minutes until pink and cooked through. Spoon the rice on to 2 plates, top with the prawns and egg quarters. Scatter the parsley over the top, if using.