Pork & vegetable casserole
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Pork Shoulder Joint, Lean, Boneless, raw
450 g, cut into chunks
1 large, chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
1 medium, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
2 medium, sliced
200 g, chopped
Vegetable stock cube
1 cube(s), prepare with 400ml hot water
400 g, chopped
2 tablespoon(s), level
½ teaspoon(s), level
2 teaspoon(s), level, or mixed herbs
1 pinch, and black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5.
- Spray a large flameproof casserole with low fat cooking spray. Add the pork, a handful at a time, and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until seared and browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, apple, carrot and swede and cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stirring well to mix thoroughly. Bring up to the boil, then put the lid on and transfer the casserole to the oven. Bake for 1 hour.
- Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed.