Poached chicken noodle salad
1 zest(s) of 1, 2x 2cm strips of lemon peel
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Edamame Beans, cooked
400 g, frozen
115 g, halved, lengthways
Clearspring Organic Japanese 100% Buckwheat Soba Noodles
Rice Wine Vinegar
2 teaspoons, finely grated
1 teaspoons, level, clear
3 stick(s), trimmed and thinly sliced
3 teaspoons, toasted
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, red, deseeded and finely chopped, to serve
- Put the lemon peel and peppercorns in a large pan and fill with cold water. Bring the mixture to a simmer over a medium heat, then add the chicken, ensure it’s submerged, and cook for 5 minutes. Cover with a lid, remove from the heat and set aside for 30 minutes to poach in the hot liquid until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and let cool, then chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, cook the edamame beans in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon and set aside. Bring the water back to a boil, then add the corn and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside, then bring the water back to a boil. Cook the noodles for 4 minutes, then drain and cool under cold running water. Drain well; return to the pan.
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, ginger and honey in a small bowl. Drizzle half the dressing over the cooked noodles and toss to coat. Transfer to a large, shallow serving bowl and set aside.
- Combine the celery, half the spring onions, the corn and edamame with the remaining dressing. Using your hands, toss through half the watercress.
- Layer the dressed vegetables on top of the noodles, then scatter over the remaining watercress. Shred the poached chicken and scatter over the top of the salad, then finish with the sesame seeds, chilli and remaining spring onions.