Spelt fusilli with tomatoes, prawns & leeks
800 g, vine
50 g, finely diced
1 large, finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely sliced
White Wine Vinegar
King Prawns, Cooked
200 g, peeled
300 g, baby
Tesco Organic Wholegrain Spelt Fusilli
- Make a cross in the skin at the base of each tomato. Put into a large heatproof bowl of just-boiled water and leave for a few minutes to loosen the skins. Drain. Use a knife to gently peel away the skins then chop the flesh and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo for 2-3 minutes, until the oil is released. Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until softened. Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar and chilli flakes. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have broken down and the sauce has thickened. Season to taste. Stir through the prawns.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and blanch the leeks for 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and pat dry with kitchen paper. Bring the water back to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Brush the leeks all over with the oil and griddle, turning once, for 4-5 minutes until tender and charred.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir until well coated. Divide between bowls and serve with the chargrilled baby leeks.