SmartPoints® value per serving
Melted Raclette or Gruyere cheese on toasted bread is a great winter delight, especially if you're entertaining.
Rye Bread (German Style)
300 g, cut into 12 thin slices
100 g, or Raclette, grated or finely chopped
Plain White Flour
10 g, plain
⅛ teaspoons, freshly ground
- Toast one side of the bread slices then line up on a grill pan, toasted side down.
- Put the cheese, flour, mustard and milk into a non-stick saucepan and bring slowly to the boil, stirring until it is smooth and thickened.
- Remove immediately from the heat and cool for 5-10 minutes so it thickens a little more.
- Spoon the sauce on to each toast slice spreading to the edges if necessary. The toasts can be set aside for an hour or so until your guests arrive.
- Reheat the grill until glowing and toast the cheese slices until browned and bubbling. Served warm topped with slices of gherkins or tomatoes.