Pao chicken stir-fry
Vinegar, All Types
1 tablespoons, Chinese black vinegar
1 teaspoons, level
1 clove(s), crushed
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
600 g, thinly sliced
Brown Rice, dry
2 teaspoons, level
1 small, chopped
1 medium, deseeded and sliced
1 medium, sliced
200 g, Tenderstem, cut into thirds
- To make the marinade, put the Chinese black vinegar, dry sherry, honey, crushed garlic and half the soy sauce in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine.
- Place the chicken slices in a bowl with the marinade and toss to coat. Cover with cling film and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the rice to pack instructions and drain well.
- Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the marinade and sprinkle over the cornflour. Put a large nonstick wok or frying pan over a high heat. Stir-fry the chicken in 3 batches, using 1 tsp of oil for each batch.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and stir-fry the onion for 1 minute. Add the rest of the vegetables and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then, add 2 tbsp water and stir-fry for another minute, or until the veg is tender. Return the chicken to the wok, add the remaining soy sauce and cook until heated through.