Pan fried trout with fennel, orange & almond salad
2 medium, peeled and segmented, reserving any juices
White Wine Vinegar
1 tablespoons, heaped
Asda Flaked Almonds
1 bulb(s), trimmed and finely sliced
2 stick(s), thickly sliced on the diagonal
3 tablespoons, roughly chopped
4 fillet(s), medium, skin on
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, 2 tbsp of the oil, the vinegar and honey. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a dry frying pan, toast the almonds briefly till just beginning to give off an aroma and turning golden. Set aside.
- Toss the fennel, celery, dill and rocket together with most of the dressing and divide between plates. Scatter over the orange segments and the toasted almonds and drizzle with the dressing.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan and season the fish on both sides. Cook the fish, with the skin side down, over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until opaque almost all the way through. Gently press down with a spatula to ensure even cooking.
- Flip the fish fillets over and turn off the heat. Allow them to sit in the hot pan for 1 minute to finish cooking. Serve with the salad.