Try making the traditional Scotch egg yourself – ours are oven baked, rather than fried.
- 4 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw, British Lion
- 300 g Sainsbury's Butcher's Choice Pork Sausagemeat, 300g
- 1 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs
- 1 individual Egg white(s), raw, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Black pepper
- 50 g Breadcrumbs, dried, natural
Hard-boil the eggs for 12 minutes. Drain, cool in cold water, then shell them.
Mix together the sausagemeat, parsley, mixed herbs and egg white. Season with salt and pepper. Divide this mixture into 4 equal portions, then use your hands to pat each portion into a flat disc. Place an egg on top of each disc, then press the mixture around the eggs to cover them completely. Roll the eggs in dried breadcrumbs to coat the surface. Chill for at least 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C/325°F. Put the eggs on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool, then serve.