Oven-baked ratatouille risotto
2 large, diced
Arborio rice, dry
2 tablespoons, level
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 750ml stock
20 g, plus extra to serve
½ medium, sliced into 3mm rounds
Lemon Juice, Fresh
1 medium, sliced into 3mm rounds
3 large, vine, cut into 3mm rounds
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and 250ml cold water. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the water has evaporated. Stir in the rice, cook for 1 minute, then transfer the mixture to a 25cm x 14cm baking dish.
- Stir the pesto into 750ml vegetable stock (made with 1 cube) then pour over the rice mixture. Cover tightly with kitchen foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the aubergine, oil and lemon juice
- Remove the foil and stir in the basil, then arrange the aubergine, courgette and tomato slices over the top, making sure they overlap slightly. Mist the vegetables with cooking spray, then season and bake, covered with kitchen foil, for 20 minutes until the rice and vegetables are tender.
- Turn the oven to its grill setting, remove the foil and grill the risotto for 5 minutes, until the vegetables are golden. Serve garnished with the extra basil.