Orange vodka jellies
SmartPoints® value per serving
Party food for adults! Jelly takes on a whole new meaning with the addition of a little alcohol! Perfect for a party.
1 medium, scrubbed to remove any wax
Unsweetened Orange Juice
1 teaspoons, level, sifted
- Use a zester to remove fine strips of zest from the orange. Place the strips in a small bowl of water and chill until required. They will curl to make pretty decorations.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the skin and pith from the orange and then segment it catching any juice in a bowl. Divide the segments between 4 x 60ml shot glasses and set aside.
- Combine both lots of orange juice and vodka to make approx 250ml making up with water if necessary.
- Soak the gelatine in 2 tbsp of the orange juice mixture for 5 mins. Pour into a small pan with the rest of the liquid and the icing sugar. Heat gently, stirring, to dissolve the gelatine, but do not boil.
- Pour the juice into the shot glasses, cool and then chill for at least 2 hours until set. Decorate with the curly strips of zest before serving.
Try this recipe with 50g raspberries and cranberry juice instead of the orange.