A fantastically flavoursome risotto that's worth spending a bit of time standing at the stove.
20 g, Porcini
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely chopped
250 g, chestnut
Arborio rice, dry
Dry white wine
1 tablespoon(s), small bunch, chopped
- Place the dried porcini mushrooms in a measuring jug and add 750ml boiling water.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy saucepan and gently stir fry the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the chestnut mushrooms and stir for a further 2 mins before adding the wine.
- When the wine has all but gone, evaporated and been absorbed, add the rice. Drain the dried mushrooms, reserving the stock, chop into small pieces.
- Add to the risotto with 150ml of the stock.
- Cook the risotto on a low heat stirring frequently until the stock has been absorbed and then add another 150ml and so on until the stock is finished.
- Season and stir in the parsley before serving.