Mushroom & lentil burgers
Tesco Ingredients Mixed Dried Mushrooms
1 medium, finely chopped
300 g, mixed, chopped
2 clove(s), finely chopped
6 sprig(s), leaves picked and chopped
Green or Brown Lentils, cooked
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
1 tablespoons, grated
1 teaspoons, level, English mustard
20 g, finely chopped
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Wholemeal Bread Roll
1 medium, sliced
Broad beans, frozen, boiled
Petits Pois, boiled
Light Feta Cheese
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- Put the dried mushrooms in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 10-15 minutes. Drain and chop.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes. Add the fresh mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes, until any water has evaporated. Add the garlic and herbs and cook for 3 minutes. Tip into a bowl.
- Stir the rehydrated mushrooms, lentils, cheese, mustard and walnuts into the mushroom mixture and season to taste. In a food processor, whizz half the mixture to a purée, then combine with the rest of the mixture and the flour. Shape into 4 patties and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or frying pan to medium, brush the patties with the remaining oil and cook for 3-4 minutes each side. Reduce the heat to low and cook the burgers for a further 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the broad beans and petits pois and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. Remove the skin from the broad beans, then chop roughly with the peas. Mix both with the feta and yogurt.
- To serve, fill the buns with the lettuce and tomatoes, followed by the mushroom patties, the broad bean salad, cress and the bun top.