Mushroom and lentil ragu with spaghetti
- Total Time
Love spag Bol? Try this tasty veggie version
Calorie controlled cooking spray4 spray(s)
Onion(s)1 large, finely chopped
Carrots, raw1 medium, finely diced
Celery, Raw1 stick(s), finely diced
Garlic3 clove(s), crushed
Rosemary, Fresh3 teaspoons
Mushrooms250 g, sliced
Merchant Gourmet Authentic Puy Lentils, dry200 g, rinsed
Tinned Tomatoes1 can(s), large
Vegetable stock cube(s)1 cube(s), to make 400ml
Tomato Purèe1 tablespoons, level
Bay leaf, dry2 leaf/leaves
Oregano, Dried2 teaspoons, level
Wholewheat Pasta, dry200 g
- Mist a large pan with cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot and celery for 10 minutes or until softened and lightly golden.
- Stir in the garlic and rosemary and cook for a further minute, then add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the Puy lentils, tomatoes, stock, tomato purée, bay leaves and oregano, then season to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook with the lid on for 30 minutes, until the lentils are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti to pack instructions.
- Divide the spaghetti between plates and spoon over the ragù to serve.