Moroccan meatballs with orzo
Turkey Breast Mince, raw
20½ g, 4 1/2 tbsp
Lean Pork Mince (10% fat), raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
10 sprig(s), fresh
1 zest(s) of 1, grated
Lemon Juice, Fresh
50 g, toasted, flaked
- Combine the turkey and pork in a large bowl with 2½ tsp of the Moroccan seasoning and a little salt and pepper. Use your hands to roll the mixture into 16 small balls.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a high heat. Fry the meatballs for 5 minutes, turning often, until browned all over – you may need to do this in batches. Transfer the meatballs to a plate.
- Mist the pan with more cooking spray and cook the apricots and remaining Moroccan seasoning for 1 minute. Add the passata and bring to a boil. Return the meatballs to the pan, reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo to pack instructions. Drain, transfer to a bowl, season to taste, and stir through the fresh herbs and lemon zest.
- Stir the lemon juice into the meatball sauce. Serve with the orzo and the almonds scattered on top.