Miso roast chicken with cauli-rice
1 inch slice(s), chopped
2 teaspoons, level, clear
Chicken Drumstick, Skinless, raw
8 drumstick(s), edible part
1 whole, leaves and stalk removed
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, finely diced
Peas, fresh or frozen
75 g, thawed
2 clove(s), crushed
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
3 medium, trimmed and sliced
- Combine the miso paste, mirin, ginger, honey, sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce in a bowl. Put the chicken in a roasting tin, pour over the marinade and turn to coat. Cover with clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Roast the chicken for 55 minutes, turning and basting now and then, until cooked.
- When the drumsticks are halfway through cooking, grate the cauliflower on the largest plane of a grater or blitz in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Mist a nonstick wok with cooking spray and stir-fry the carrot for 4 minutes over a high heat. Add the petits pois and garlic and stir-fry for another minute. Add the cauliflower and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked, but not mushy.
- Remove the cauliflower mixture from the wok and set aside. Mist the wok again with cooking spray, then pour in the egg and swirl. When the egg is set at the sides, but still runny on top, return the cauliflower to the wok and stir quickly, for 1-2 minutes, scraping the sides. Drizzle over the rest of the soy sauce, then season, and stir to combine. Remove from the heat, then stir in the spring onions and serve with the chicken drumsticks.