Mexican-style brown rice casserole
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Brown rice, boiled
Fresh Salsa (no oil)
1 teaspoons, level
Sweetcorn, frozen, boiled
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, diced
1 tablespoons, level
WW Reduced Fat Grated Mature Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C, gas mark 4. Coat a 2 litre baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, salsa and cumin. Spoon half of the rice mixture into the prepared dish and spread out to evenly cover the bottom.
- In another large bowl, combine the refried beans, sweetcorn, green chilli, and chilli power. Using a spatula, smooth out the bean mixture on top of the rice layer.
- Squeeze out any excess water from spinach and then spread on top of the bean layer and sprinkle with most of the cheese. Top with the remaining rice mixture and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place the casserole on a large rimmed baking sheet to catch any spillage. Bake for about 30 minutes until heated through and the cheese is browned and bubbling. Sprinkle with coriander (if desired), cut into 6 pieces and serve.