1 hr 45 min
1 hr 30 min
‘Healthified’ Mexican dishes are one of the biggest trends around, and our version ticks all the boxes!
Lime Juice, Fresh
Chilli, green or red
Black Beans in Water
Sweetcorn, canned, drained
1 teaspoon(s), level
¼ teaspoon(s), level
¼ teaspoon(s), level
Beef sirloin steak, lean, raw
King Prawns, Raw
WW Wholemeal Wraps
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
50 g, grated
Reduced Fat Soured Cream
1 individual, shredded
- To make the guacamole, coarsely mash the avocado with a fork in a small bowl. Stir in 1 tbsp coriander, 2 tsp chopped onion and 1 tsp lime juice. Season and set aside.
- To make the salsa, finely chop the tomatoes and chilli and put them in a small bowl with 2 tsp chopped onion, 1 tsp lime juice and ½ crushed garlic clove. Season to taste and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To make the black bean salad, combine the black beans, sweetcorn, chopped red pepper, grated carrot, sliced spring onion, 2 tsp lime juice and ½ crushed garlic clove in a bowl and season to taste. Set aside.
- To make the chilli beef, combine 1 tsp oil with ½ tsp ground cumin, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper and ¼ tsp smoked paprika in a small bowl, then rub all over the steak. Heat a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat and sear the steak for 1-2 minutes on each side for rare, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with kitchen foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the prawns, add 1 ½ tsp oil to the frying pan and heat over a medium-high heat. Add ½ crushed garlic clove, ½ tsp cumin and the chilli flakes. Cook, stirring, for 10 seconds. Add half the prawns and cook, tossing occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the prawns are golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with kitchen foil. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Toss in 2 tsp lime juice just before serving.
- Warm the wraps to pack instructions and arrange on a large serving platter with the prepared dishes and the cheese, soured cream and lettuce.
Have leftovers? These recipes are delicious served cold the following day for lunch. Just keep refrigerated until needed.