Malted chocolate pots
SmartPoints® value per serving
A hint of Horlicks malt in rich chocolate custard makes these puds irresistible
Semi Skimmed Milk
Light Malted Milk Drink Powder
45 g, prepared as instructed
85 g, broken into chunks
Egg yolk, raw
5 medium, large
Light Double Cream
WW Chocolate Malt Balls
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas mark 3. Put 6 x 125ml ovenproof pots or ramekins in a large baking dish or roasting tin.
- Heat the milk in a medium saucepan with all but 1 tsp of the Horlicks. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat, whisking until the Horlicks has completely dissolved. When the mixture starts to bubble, add the chocolate chunks, turn down the heat and continue whisking until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Put the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl. Gradually pour in the hot chocolate milk mixture, whisking gently as you go. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a jug, then carefully pour into the ovenproof pots. Half-fill the roasting tin with boiling water so that it comes halfway up the sides of the pots. Transfer the roasting tin and chocolate pots to the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the mixture is set, but still retains a slight wobble.
- Carefully remove the pots from the hot water and place on a wire rack to cool. Once cool, transfer the pots to the fridge to chill.
- When you’re ready to serve, whisk the Elmlea with the reserved Horlicks powder until thickened. Top the chilled chocolate pots with the Horlicks cream and chopped WW Chocolate Malt Balls.
Make these pots up to two days ahead and decorate just before serving – perfect for a dinner party