Little summer puddings
SmartPoints® value per serving
Summer berries are layered with bread in individual basins to make these perfect puddings.
150 g, sliced
Co-op Low Fat Natural Yogurt
320 g, (8 tbsp) plain
White bread, sliced
6 slice(s), medium
1 sprig(s), to decorate
- Put blueberries and sugar into a saucepan. Cook gently until juice just begins to run - about 2 - 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add strawberries and raspberries and leave to cool.
- Stamp out circles from bread, using biscuit cutters, to fit into four individual pudding basins. You need four 5 cm (2 inch) circles, four 6 cm (2½ inch) circles and four 7.5 cm (3 inch) circles.
- Put small bread circles into pudding basins. Spoon in half the fruit mixture. Layer medium bread circles on top, then spoon in remaining fruit. Top with final layer of bread.
- Spoon remaining fruit juice over bread, then wrap with cling film. Refrigerate for several hours, overnight preferred.
- To serve, run a knife around the inside of each basin, and invert puddings onto individual plates. Serve each one with two tablespoons of yogurt and decorate with mint leaves.