Little marmalade tarts
These tasty treats are easy to make and delicious to eat.
White bread, sliced
8 slice(s), thin
Low Fat Spread
8 teaspoon(s), level, orange or ginger preserve
4 individual, or clementines
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the slices of bread slightly, then use a 7cm (2 inch) biscuit cutter to cut two circles from each slice of bread.
- Melt the low fat spread, then use it to brush one side of all the bread circles. Place them, brushed side down, in a bun tin.
- Put one teaspoon of orange marmalade or ginger preserve into each one.
- Peel the citrus fruit, removing all the pith, then slice quite thinly. Share the pieces between the tarts. Bake for about 15 minutes until browned. Cool slightly, then serve. Cook’s tip: Use marmalade with fine cut shreds of peel - the chunky variety is not suitable.
Use marmalade with fine cut shreds of peel - the chunky variety is not suitable.