Calorie controlled cooking spray
Plain White Flour
Egg, whole, raw
3 large, raw
80 g, For the filling:
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
Low Fat Soft Cheese
1 teaspoons, zest, finely grated
4 teaspoons, heaped
4 tablespoons, level
3 slice(s), to decorate
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/fan oven 200°C. Mist an 18cm x 28cm (7 inch x 11 inch) Swiss roll tin with calorie-controlled cooking spray and line with non-stick baking parchment or greaseproof paper. Mist the paper with calorie-controlled cooking spray.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand-held electric mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar together until very light and pale in colour - this will take about 5 minutes on full power. To check that the mixture is thick enough, when the beaters are lifted from the mixture, they should leave a trail for a few seconds.
- Sprinkle the flour into the whisked mixture and fold in very gently using a large metal spoon. Pour into the prepared tin and spread out to the corners.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until firm yet springy to the touch. After about 1 minute, turn the cake out onto a large sheet of baking parchment or greaseproof paper, so that the lining paper is on the top, then carefully peel away the lining paper. Cover the cake with a clean damp tea towel and leave until cold. (This keeps it moist and pliable).
- Mix together the yogurt, soft cheese and lemon zest with 2 tsp icing sugar. Spread the lemon curd over the sponge, then top with the yogurt mixture. Roll up from one long end. Lift onto a serving plate, sprinkle with the remaining icing sugar and serve, decorated with lemon slices.