Leg of lamb with yogurt mint sauce
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 15 min
Enjoy for your Sunday dinner, or if you've a little extra time in the week, it's great anytime!
Lamb Leg, Lean, raw
1125 g, (1.1kg) trimmed of visible fat
2 clove(s), sliced
Low Fat Natural Yogurt
¼ teaspoon(s), level
400 g, red, peeled and quartered
Calorie controlled cooking spray
½ teaspoon(s), level
1 sprig(s), chopped
Bay leaf, dry
- Make several small slits in the lamb and stuff with the garlic slices.
- Combine the yogurt, mint, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper and bay leaf in a zip top plastic bag. Add the lamb and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight. If you do not have a zip top plastic bag, then marinate the lamb in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 8/230°C/450°F. Coat the roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade (reserving the marinade), place in the pan, insert a meat thermometer into thickest portion. Pour the marinade over the lamb. Lightly coat the potatoes with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F and roast for one more hour or until thermometer registers 70°C/160°F for medium well done.
- Remove lamb from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Serve with seasonal green veg.