Mushroom & rice leek cannelloni
6 medium, trimmed and halved widthways
Brown Rice, dry
½ zest(s) of 1
Lemon Juice, Fresh
2 small, finely chopped
1 portion(s), small, 8 chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
2 tablespoons, chopped
1 tablespoons, chopped
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
- Gently push out the inner core from the leeks, leaving 2 layers of leek to make the cannelloni tubes. Finely chop the cores of the leeks and set aside.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the leek cannelloni tubes and cook for 5 minutes until just tender. Remove the leeks (leaving the pan of water) and refresh under cold running water. Drain thoroughly and set aside. Bring the pan of water back up to the boil, add the rice and cook according to the pack instructions. Drain and stir through the lemon zest and juice.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chopped leeks and onions, cook over a medium heat for 4–5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry over a high heat for a further 5 minutes until the leeks are tender. Set aside to cool, then stir in the parsley, thyme and ricotta. Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas mark 6. Gently spoon the mushroom and leek mixture into the leek tubes and arrange them, side by side, in a small ovenproof dish.
- Scatter over the breadcrumbs and grated cheese, then bake for 15–20 minutes until crisp and golden. Serve with the lemon rice.