Lamb bhuna burgers - spice pots
1 small, finely chopped
1 teaspoons, grated
3 clove(s), crushed
Lamb Mince 10% Fat, raw
Spice Pots Bhuna Blend
3 teaspoons, level
Wholemeal Pitta Bread
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Lime Juice, Fresh
- Whizz up the onion, ginger, garlic and coriander or mint into a paste (or finely chop/grate). Mix with the lamb and knead thoroughly. Season with Bhuna spices and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into four. Lightly wet your hands. Roll the mixture into balls, then flatten down to a burger roughly around 3cm thick.
- Put the burgers in the fridge for 30 minutes or so to firm up and develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile make your raita – combine the yogurt, lime juice and herbs in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
- When your BBQ is ready, lightly oil one side of the burger, place it oil side down and cook for around 5 minutes (resist the temptation to fiddle with it!). Oil the other side, turn and cook for a further 5 minutes. Reduce the cooking time if you prefer your burger pink in the middle.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes then serve in the mini pitta breads, drizzled with the raita.