Kofta meatball pittas
2 teaspoons, level
1 teaspoons, level
Lean Lamb Mince (less than 16% fat), raw
2 tablespoons, chopped
Calorie controlled cooking spray
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
Wholemeal Pitta Bread
- Heat a small nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the cumin and sumac, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, breadcrumbs, chopped coriander and half the toasted spice mixture. Season well. Roll level tablespoonfuls of the mixture into 24 balls.
- Lightly mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray, and heat over a medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs, turning occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. You may need to do this in batches.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, remaining spice mixture and 1 tbsp warm water in a small bowl. Season well.
- Split the pittas in half crossways then separate each half to form a pocket. Spread half the spiced yogurt inside the pittas. Fill with the spinach, tomatoes, coriander, mint and meatballs. Serve drizzled with the remaining yogurt.