Italian-style beef with chargrilled potato salad
Calorie controlled cooking spray
3 teaspoons, chopped
2 teaspoons, level, smoked paprika
2 teaspoons, level
1 teaspoons, level
Beef sirloin steak, lean, raw
500 g, fat trimmed
400 g, desiree. thinly sliced
5 sprig(s), fresh, finely chopped
5 leaf/leaves, finely chopped
Capers, in Brine
1 clove(s), crushed
Lemon Juice, Fresh
- Mist a griddle pan with cooking spray and preheat over a medium-high heat. Combine the rosemary, paprika, fennel seeds and cumin seeds in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mix over the beef and season to taste. Put the meat on a plate, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the potatoes and griddle them for 2 minutes on each side or until tender. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Re-mist the griddle pan with cooking spray, add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover the meat with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Meanwhile, combine the parsley, basil, capers, garlic, lemon juice and oil in a small bowl. Season the salsa verde to taste.
- Combine the potato and rocket in a large bowl. Serve the beef with the salsa verde, potato salad and lemon wedges.